Working hard, but accomplishing little - Random Thoughts

« Home | Some links from across the Blogosphere » | 4 more years! » | Bush 286 Electoral Votes » | 11:30 PM » | Election day -- Vote BUSH! » | Last day before the election! » | Blogshares Industry Idea for Contest #3 » | Election Prediction » | The Presidency » | Looking Good! » 

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 

Working hard, but accomplishing little

Or at least it seems that way. My week always starts off with my teaching duties, so I never get much research done on Mondays or Tuesdays. Which means I try to cramm a weeks worth of work into 3 or 4 days. Well, I'll keep on working--I know Anita would like to know when I'll be done or at least know where I'll be working next. Unfortunately, I don't know either of them.

Barring a failure of congress to pass a spending bill by then end of January, I should finally get off my Teaching Assistantship and move to a Research Assistantship which means I can devote more time to research. If my research takes off, I should be able to wrap up this PhD in the not too distant future.

This past Sunday evening in Church, the sermon was on Colossians 3. Two verses stuck out to me:

8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

I thought of my sister with verse 8, she can definately have a temper and doesn't watch her lips all the time -- which has come back to haunt her more than once.

Verse 23 is a reminder to me to work hard and do my best in everything. It's somthing I've always known and believed, but it's still good to find some encouragement--especially when things are taking longer than you'd like.




Listed on BlogShares