The Presidency - Random Thoughts

« Home | Looking Good! » | Tuesdays with me! » | My Bush Cheney T-shirt » | Bush up in Hawaii? » | 11 days away! » | Regular Guys for Bush » | Funny John Kerry Pic » | Bush Cheney Bumper Sticker » | Navy/Notre Dame Football » | My Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics Article » 

Friday, October 29, 2004 

The Presidency

Obviously, I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming election and have had a number of discussions with people. I can understand people not liking Bush on certain domestic policies (deficit spending, social programs, etc.), however I just don't see how people believe that this country will be better off with a President Kerry. I don't believe he has the character and resolve to win the war on terror--especially when he said that he would be happy when terror attacks become just a "nuisance". Look at world events and the terrorists, they need to be completely eliminated. No negotiations, no compromise, they need to die or surrender. While I would prefer they put their hands up and say "here we are, we were wrong, please take us away" I don't believe that will happen. I believe Bush will win the election, but it is still too close. I fear living in a country with a President Kerry, I believe the economic recovery would slow within a year and that we would be victim to new major attacks within his first term. I think the role of the US in the World would be diminished.

Maybe this country deserves what it's asking for, but I truly hope it does not come to pass. I believe the resolve of the American people would be strong and conservatives would emerge to bring in recovery, but that would mean wasted time and stronger terrorists. Perhaps this would bring about the rise of one the minor parties. I'd be happy to see a stronger Constitution or Libertarian party. That may bring about a restructering of the Republican and Democratic parties and a strengthing of America under a 3 or 4 party system. But, I'd rather have Bush as President and not risk what might happen under a President Kerry.




Listed on BlogShares