E-Sword - Random Thoughts

« Home | Christmas Day! » | Merry Christmas! » | Ministers in Austrailia convicted of Hate Crime » | My new laptop! » | Much to do and little time » | In Denver, you cannot say Merry Christmas at a Chr... » | December = More work and less time » | Christmas Tree » | Chocolate Candy Making » | Thanksgiving Day Proclamation » 

Monday, December 27, 2004 

E-Sword

I just found this Bible utility for Windows. You can read the Bible in many different formats (a few are missing like the NIV) -- you can download the various formats as modules and compare them side by side (I've already got about 5 installed, but I'll probably use the ESV most).

You can also download additional commentaries, dictionaries, maps, studies, and even classical Christian texts by Calvin, Bunyan, and Spurgeon. As your reading a passage you just need to click on a word or verse and a little symbol pops up on the commentary and dictionary tabs. I've just started using it, but so far I think it's great.

Go to http://www.e-sword.net/ to check it out!




Listed on BlogShares