Austin, TX - Random Thoughts

« Home | Off to Texas » | Doesn't this make sense? » | Dad arrested over pro-gay book dispute » | Illinois governor writes prescription for trouble,... » | Interesting story, I grew up not too far from this... » | I passed! » | A few minutes to spare... » | Easter » | Another Two Weeks... » | Update? » 

Saturday, May 14, 2005 

Austin, TX

I've had a really good trip to Austin. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it is a nice medium sized city with a lot to do. More importantly the research looked really, so I know I'd be happy with coming here to do a postdoc. The group is very friendly and low stress, which is bit difficult to find in really good groups.

I was formally offered a position last night over dinner, so now I just have to figure out if this is where I am supposed to come. Life would be a lot different out here, of course moving from Illinois to Delaware to Maryland was different too. The only major downfall I can see is being even further away from Anita's and my families. It would only be for a few years, so it is not too bad.




Listed on BlogShares